Kathmandu June 22, 2012 – This documentary covers the life of Siddhartha Gautama, a young prince from Nepal who went out to find the reason for “Dukkha” [hardship, sufferings, or problems] of human life. He later found the reason of Dukkha and teaches a way to live life. He was later known as the Buddha, the founder of “Buddhism”.
Watch the Documentary Below:
The religion with no god.
“If there is any religion that would cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism.” –Albert Einstein
BBC had a nice documentary covering Buddha’s life important events. Watch the full documentary before commenting. BBC has not made anything wrong. They had specified that Buddha was born in Lumbini which is in Nepal. Don’t argue the documentary made to understand the philosophy and teachings of Buddha, no matter where he was born. Buddhism is way far ahead than what people are arguing here.
- Do not believe in something because you are told to.
- Do not believe in something because a holy person said it.
- Do not believe in something because you read it from a book.
- Follow and practice the teaching without prejudice.
- If it brings happiness to you and others and does not encourage self harm or harm to others then follow it.
- Although this was taught by Buddha, I believe it is a beautiful principle that can be applied to everything
- we learn in life. May you all be happy.
Life of Buddha documentary is available with English, Greek and Catalan Subtitles. Copyrights of the video belongs to BBC. Uploaded only to share the knowledge. Be Happy! Peace!